Thursday 21 February 2013

Sketches

I've sketched a few ideas for the type of assets i will include in my level and the compound area layout. My idea so far is to have the main base built into the side of the rocks, the surrounding compound will be mostly metal struts, girders, walkways, small structures, a watchtower, crates etc.

I've concentrated on this compound  and how it would have been created (due to erosion), so I've decided to have a waterfall which flows into a large shallow area, which then connects up to the main river. The compound will be hidden from above by a large camouflaged canopy. This will cast it in shadow, which allows me to add artificial lights. This provides a contrast from the rest of the level because the player will start in a bright natural area, to a darker hard surface/man made area, to an entirely man made inside base.

There will be a wall/gate entrance which blocks off the compound, this means the player won't see much of what's inside until they enter.

These are quick sketches which i will develop into concepts later.

Compound, compound entrance and base ideas

Compound Assets

Different types of rock assets